Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cooking

When I was younger, going out to eat at a restaurant, even a local diner, was exciting because it was "different," something out of the ordinary. Now, what makes "eating out," or even "take-out" special is the fact that I'm not the one cooking it. Now, I find myself assessing beforehand what's "quick" or "easy" to make; supermarket trips revolve around planning meals with little preparation and cooking time. Clean-up is another obstacle; wouldn't it be nice to actually enjoy the meal I've just spent time cooking, rather than dwelling on the mess I've left behind? And I'm actually pretty good, in the sense that I try to keep things as neat as possible while I'm cooking, and will clean up as much as I can as I go along.

All I know is, it's easier now that I'm on vacation, and time isn't so pressing. Trying to schedule the day's household chores around my work schedule is enough to drive someone to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment